If at any time an author can bring out emotions in a reader, they are a success. If they can draw in a reader to feel engaged in the journey of their new book friends, they earn more respect. If an author can leave a reader feeling intrigued, inspired, and even offer healing, they’ve gained a bibliophile fanatic for life. - Shani K. - The Chronicles of an Abibliophobiac.

Friday, August 12, 2016

Quick Read Review: "Cupcake (Sticky Sweet #1)" by M. Andrews



Cover Art Review


Book Title: Cupcake - a novella by M. Andrews

Cover Artist: Kari March Designs

Format: ebook, .mobi, kindle, novella

First Impression: I think it’s cute and simple. The gradient of the background shows off the cupcake perfect. Considering it should be. (Eye roll worthy Shani, yes. lol) It’s fun and makes me smile. Who doesn’t love a cupcake?

Purchase likely?: Yes! Then I’d promptly go get some cookies or cupcakes for a snack! ;)

My Star Rating: 5 out of 5


Quick-Read Review:


Grayson isn’t who Pippa thought he was…..

She thought he was just another athlete with the all american dream, smooth talker, charmer and all around good guy. Sure he’s a looker and damn doesn’t he look good in those tight pants? She figured he was harmless enough that she could take him for a quick spin around the mixer and get a good bit of fun. Right? Or was she wrong…..

Pippa isn’t who Grayson thought she was…..

He thought when he walked into that kitchen that she was there to help out with dinner. Sure she’s got a rockin’ body, witty, charming, and utterly gorgeous in her every day attire of aprons and pink spatulas. He thinks he could teach her a few things about how to handle his whisk and have a little extra fun indulging in his sweet tooth right? Or was he wrong…..

Loved (positive): Since I love football AND sweets, this was the perfect combo! I loved their intensity not just in their love affair but in what they believe in. Ms. Andrews created a duo who can handle each other well on the field, the kitchen, the bedroom….you get the idea!

Not sure (negative): I would have liked it more if it was a bit longer. I think there is definitely more that can be built onto their story. Which is the perfect idea for adding another novella to it later on.

Overall: I’m a sucker for over the top HEA’s and all around humor, so this book was a big win for me. Grayson and Pippa quickly learn that once or twice isn’t enough to quickly cure their attraction. They build up something pretty incredible and it’s just a really fun, quick, sexy, HAWT read!

Note: There is a sequel in this series! “Sweet Seduction” is the story of Lexi and Jax! Two characters that were introduced in this one.

My star rating: 5 out of 5 stars


Where do I go to find out more about the author?


Author Website: 
M. Andrews
Amazon:M. Andrews

Good Reads:
M. Andrews

Facebook:
M. Andrews

My Amazon Review *PENDING*
My Goodreads review HERE





Where can you find me?
*
In my corner of course!
*
AND
*
Email: superrainpolly@gmail.com
*
Facebook: Shani Kenny
*
*
Twitter: @BookishShani_K

No comments:

Post a Comment