If at any time an author can bring out emotions in a reader, they are a success. If they can draw in a reader to feel engaged in the journey of their new book friends, they earn more respect. If an author can leave a reader feeling intrigued, inspired, and even offer healing, they’ve gained a bibliophile fanatic for life. - Shani K. - The Chronicles of an Abibliophobiac.

Friday, April 28, 2017

Tutorial: How to set your SD card

Hi guys!!!! I hope all of my bookish friends are enjoying Spring and indulging in lots of reading! I know I have been! Today a friend asked me how to set her SD card to have all her books download to it. I personally have an 8GB SD card for my kindle. To give you an idea of how much storage that is, I personally am closing in on 5,000 books plus a handful of apps, I have 3.10 GB of storage left. Trust me, having those cards are a life saver! Yes I know, I'm a bit of a Bookish Freak with that many books! But on to the tutorial!

First of all, with on your home screen, swipe DOWN from the top. You should get your drop down menu, like this:


Tap the settings icon. 

From there, tap the STORAGE option from the list:


Next, go down your list and tap the TOGGLE buttons to the "on" position. When they're "off" they are grayed out. If they're "on" then they're orange.

I personally have all of mine turned on. It frees up space on the internal storage plus allows your kindle to run faster. 

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment