If at any time an author can bring out emotions in a reader, they are a success. If they can draw in a reader to feel engaged in the journey of their new book friends, they earn more respect. If an author can leave a reader feeling intrigued, inspired, and even offer healing, they’ve gained a bibliophile fanatic for life. - Shani K. - The Chronicles of an Abibliophobiac.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Review: "Jag: Diablo's Throne #2)" by H.J. Bellus



I was so excited for this book to come out. After reading Cruz I was even more intrigued by the family dynamic of the me!best of Diablo's Throne. Heidi didn't hold back with this one! My heart ached for Jag and the hell he went through. He had to fight for his life and live with the scars the demons left behind. He had the opportunity to capture his dream, but it came crashing down on him when one of his demons makes an appearance.

Sunni is a survivor through and through. She is convinced that she doesn't deserve a happy life after her disastrous attempt at a HEA ends in tragedy. It sets her on a tailspin and sends her running. No woman should ever go through the hell she did. When her truths are shared its both intensely shocking and horrific. She doesn't think she can make it through this next round of battle.

Neither one can run forever from their pasts. When the darkness co!we to light, will they won or tap out?

I so loved the witty moments, the raw emotion that was yanked out of me and just the desire to cheer them on through their battles. Heidi opens your eyes a little more to the hard and gritty truth of just how crooked some people can be. Especially when its people that are supposed to protect you and fight for you. Their story took my breath away with heartache but also with admiration for their strength.

This is a binge worthy book! So much so I finished in one marathon read. Four hours later I am wiping away years, laughing and wishing I had a few minutes alone with the bad guys to rough them up! Not as well as the team, but I can try right? Seriously well written and a new favorite for this abliophobiac in the cage fighter genre!





Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2Fd334E

Goodreads: https://bit.ly/2JMV6m9

HJ Bellus Facebook: https://bit.ly/1QsjK8X

HJ Bellus Website: https://bit.ly/2EZRxVU



Where can you find me?
*
In my corner of course!
*
Email: bookishnerd4life@gmail.com or superrainpolly@gmail.com
*
Facebook: Shani Kenny
*
*
*Twitter: @BookishShani_K

No comments:

Post a Comment