If at any time an author can bring out emotions in a reader, they are a success. If they can draw in a reader to feel engaged in the journey of their new book friends, they earn more respect. If an author can leave a reader feeling intrigued, inspired, and even offer healing, they’ve gained a bibliophile fanatic for life. - Shani K. - The Chronicles of an Abibliophobiac.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Review: "Funny Jokes For Kids" by Hudson Moore


(Links after the review!)

If there is one thing I love as much as breathing, it’s laughing! Laughter can be so soothing and just plain fun. I have 3 kids, ages 16, 14 and 12, and trust me when I say there is ALWAYS something to laugh about! Usually, it’s at each other's expense. We are for sure a family of jokers, pranksters and filled with maniacal laughter on a daily basis. This book, only fed all of that!

I tried to find something I could connect to my kids with on a silly level that was different than normal. I snagged this book and laughed so hard at some of the ridiculousness that my kids thought I’d lost my marbles. I mean I have, but even more so. I love how the author threw in some of the most overused (but beloved) oldies like “Why are fish so smart?” Because they live in schools! I mean who doesn’t remember some of the silliest and corniest ones like that from childhood? Those quickly segway into the, “When I was your age…” kind of stories too by the way! Then the author brings in some “newer” ones like, “What kind of belly button can you not undo?” A belly button! That one made me just stop and smack myself in the forehead. We loved all of the jokes, even the really cheesy ones.

Also in this book are many activities for kids. We’re talking animal idioms and sayings, weird word phobia lists, guess the language, I spy games and more. Even a few cute kid friendly treat recipes. All of those things are a big hit no matter your age. If you’re like me, you tried desperately as a kid to conquer any tongue twister your friends could throw at you. How frustrating was that? I used to get so mad when I couldn’t do the simplest ones. We all know about Peter and his peppers. But the author brings in some truly funny ones. It’s very entertaining.

Please remember, joke books aren’t just for kids in the typical sense. They feed the soul of every child inside of us. So feed that soul and snag up this book! Share it with your friends, get it for your kids, or as a random gift for someone. It’s a conversation starter for sure. Besides that, if you need something to reach out to your kids with, then this is perfect. I love creating memories with my monsters (my children, I say this in jest!) and hearing their laughter.

This is a truly delightful and funny book.
I give it 5 out of 5 stars!

Authors Amazon Page: Hudson Moore

Authors GoodReads Page: Hudson Moore

My GoodReads Review HERE

My Amazon Review HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment