If at any time an author can bring out emotions in a reader, they are a success. If they can draw in a reader to feel engaged in the journey of their new book friends, they earn more respect. If an author can leave a reader feeling intrigued, inspired, and even offer healing, they’ve gained a bibliophile fanatic for life. - Shani K. - The Chronicles of an Abibliophobiac.

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Review: "Hilly Discovers Her Feelings" by Meytal Raz-Nave


(Links after the review!)

I sincerely love finding kids books that are not only fun and sweet but educational in many ways. I found this one by accident one day going through emails and it was a freebie at the time. I snagged it up and the other day decided to read it for the heck of it. I found it to be soothing. I know, that sounds odd coming from an adult right? Well I’ve always said that books are for everybody. It doesn’t matter if it’s a children's book or not, I can still learn something from it!

The one thing I noticed off the bat was the orientation of the book. You have to turn your e-reader to the side to read it. It’s just like as if you were to have the physical book in your hand and were reading it to someone. The orientation of the book also helps you to engage the reader in all of the graphics. Which were adorable by the way.

Hilly Is a young girl who goes through a number of situations that bring out emotions. Such as dropping an ice cream cone she just received. She asks herself how it makes her feel and then she describes it. She also follows it up with an affirmation poem. I loved that, and also it is all done in rhymes. I know that this helps some to hear and understand the concept a little easier. Personally, I’m more prone to remember something if it’s a rhyme. Yes, even at my age.

Throughout the whole book I appreciated that there was the same exact affirmation rhyme after she described her feelings. It’s so important for kids to understand it’s ok to feel what they’re feeling. They need to understand that emotions are a wonderful thing and should be embraced. When you sit down and think about it, many adults could seriously use those affirmations too.

I actually wrote it down on a post it and put it on my computer monitor. It’s a reminder to myself that I sometimes need.

Over all I enjoyed this book. It was to the point and very cute. I really don’t have any negatives about it. My three kids read it and thought it was pretty great too. It’s an awesome tool to share with others, regardless of age.


See? I so did post it on my monitor! ;)



Authors Website:  Hilly/Meytal Raz-Nave

Authors Amazon Page: Hilly/Meytal Raz-Nave

Authors GoodReads Page: Hilly/Meytal Raz-Nave

Authors Facebook Fan Page: Hilly/Meytal Raz-Nave

My GoodReads Review HERE

My Amazon Review HERE




Where can you find me?

In my corner of course!

Email: bookishnerd4life@gmail.com OR superrainpolly@gmail.com

Facebook: Shani Kenny


Twitter: @BookishShani_K

No comments:

Post a Comment