If at any time an author can bring out emotions in a reader, they are a success. If they can draw in a reader to feel engaged in the journey of their new book friends, they earn more respect. If an author can leave a reader feeling intrigued, inspired, and even offer healing, they’ve gained a bibliophile fanatic for life. - Shani K. - The Chronicles of an Abibliophobiac.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Review: A beautiful Heartbreak by Alora Kate


A bit of ramble to start ya’ll with here….Alora comes up with interesting names for her characters. I mean look at the 4 seasons trilogy, then other characters in her books, Ashton, Rawson as well as Madi. To me, the name of a character adds a bit of strength to them. Now with Ki and Prescott, such beautiful and strong names that really reflect on them personally. I find myself wanting to give them a “couple” name like KiScott or PreKi! I know, I know….so typically weird. But not for me! So back to my review before I got distracted here……

As someone who never felt like I was seen for who I was, I identify with Ki  in many ways. She’s a P.I. along with her best friend Alexa. She meets Prescott on a routine run to serve an envelope to someone. What she didn’t expect was to be thrown into Prescott’s world! In the heat of the moment he reaches out to her to pull her into helping him with a difficult person and an even more unfortunate moment. Even though she’s wary of helping in any way, she does and ends up feeling drawn to him on this charismatic level. She feels protective over him and needs to figure out a way to change the inevitable for him. The problem is, in all of that her life is turned upside down and sideways dramatically! Holy COW!

Prescott is a brilliant lawyer who has pulled himself out of the ashes of a traumatic time in his life. He’s been so focused on helping others and hiding the scars that have shamed him for so long. His mind works on a different level that nearly every person he encounters. He’s a brilliant man who just needs a bit of change. The day he meets Ki he was completely captured by her on not just a physical level but on a communicative level he’s never experienced. She’s not afraid of the way he speaks or even that he doesn’t show the emotion outwardly that he feels. For whatever reason Ki walked into his office, he feels drawn to her as well. What he doesn’t expect is how she’ll come to need him during the chaos that ensures.

Together, they have to learn how to live with their pasts. Even though Prescott has known all his life where he comes from and had to make terms with the way he has had to survive, Ki hasn’t. Her world is thrown into an out of control spin when she realizes that she’s in danger. Not only does she have to come to terms with the appearance of a parental figure, but also with the fact that someone is looking to make her the victim of a message. What’s that message? Who is this person? How does Prescott deal with the dramatic change that adds to his scars and way of life? Do they do this together or do they fall apart and lose their words in this beautiful heartbreak?

Once again, Alora has managed to yank out every single emotion, twist it up, and left me drained with a book-over (book hangover) once again! She’s accomplished her goal of making a reader cry each time she graces us with a new book. It’s seriously good and I love to see that she’s continuing the journey of the supporting characters in their own books soon! I can count on her to bring out all the feels and intensity of an incredible journey for her characters.

I can honestly say she’s proven yet again why she’s one of my favorite authors of all time. Thanks my friend for sharing the beautiful journey that Ki and Prescott have traveled.  


Authors Website: Alora Kate

Authors Amazon Page: Alora Kate

Authors GoodReads Page: Alora Kate

Authors Facebook Fan Page: Alora Kate

My Amazon Review HERE

My Goodreads review HERE



Where can you find me?
*
In my corner of course!
*
Email: bookishnerd4life@gmail.com or superrainpolly@gmail.com
*
Facebook: Shani Kenny
*
*
Twitter: @BookishShani_K




No comments:

Post a Comment